Sawasya II is planning to deliver specialized training for the SDG16 national team members in the West Bank and Gaza on the localization of SDG 16 and its indictors. The training will cover Module One training manual on localizing the SDGs and will contribute to the finalization of the SDG 16 implementation plan at the national level.
To this end, the training will include a one-day session in Gaza, followed by another one in the West Bank. Finally, a one-day practical session will be conducted in the West Bank with video conference connection with Gaza to review the draft work plan prepared by the national team to provide the team with an opportunity to implement what they learned in the training sessions and review the work plan both in terms activities and indicators.
- Enhance the knowledge of the national team on the localization of the indicators.
- Enhance the knowledge of the national team on the importance of SGD16+ and the SGD16as an accelerator.
- Finalize the SDG16 implementation plan on the national level.
- Contribute to the design of the monitoring and evaluation plan, by ensuring the consistency of the national indicators with international indicators.
- Provide insight on regional/international experiences and best practices in localizing the SDGs
The national team is divided to thematic groups; the transparency and anti-corruption; access to justice; and institutional building. The participants are members of the SDG16 national team including all the thematic teams (25-30 participants in both West Bank and Gaza) which consist of:
- Head and members of the SDG 16 national team in Palestine who represent Justice Sector, Security Sector, Social Protection Sector, and Public Administration Sector in addition to the Palestinian anti-corruption commission.
- Representatives of NGOs that are active in implementing the SDG 16 in both West Bank and Gaza including the National Commission of Human Rights.
- Representatives of the private sector.
- Representatives of academic institutions.
Representatives of UNDP, UNICEF, OICHR (Office of the International Commission of Human Rights).